We're hiring—accounting manager
Accounting oversight (70%)
- Responsible for the accounting of WCR including: maintenance of the close calendar and close checklists, preparation of monthly adjusting journal entries, monthly bank and account reconciliations together with the finance team, as well as responsible for the month-end close.
- Responsible for the preparation of the following monthly financial statements: Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Responsible for the preparation of the quarterly consolidated financial statements of WCR-US and subsidiary WCR-Europe and reconciliation of intercompany transactions.
- Responsible for monthly financial analysis of financial statements together with the Finance team.
- Maintain accurate Revenue recognition policies and procedures and be able to communicate and educate on revenue recognition requirements.
- Work with the Business Manager in the generation of membership invoices for multi-year pledges received.
- Perform accounting research and provide technical guidance to the Finance team as needed.
- Own compliance matters surrounding account operations (i.e. 1099 filings, FIN 114, etc…)
- Work with the Finance Director in the preparation of financial information for quarterly Finance Committee meetings.
- Facilitate the Finance team’s commitment to timely and accurately processing account information under US GAAP.
- Lead annual financial statement and single audits including: preparation of annual consolidated financial statements of WCR-US and subsidiary WCR-Europe, preparation of the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA) as well as preparation of audit PBC’s and variance analysis explanations.
- Prepares, examines, and analyzes accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to US GAAP reporting and WCR policies and procedures.
- Assist the Finance team with ad-hoc tasks as needed.
- Work closely with Contracts and Grants Manager to review monthly accounting activities on all sponsored project accounts ensuring compliance with internal and external (sponsor) policies.
- Develops and maintains WCR Financial Policy compliant with WCR bylaws and external sponsored agreements, together with Finance Team.
- Keeps WCR Financial procedures up to date and tests compliance.
Budgeting & Reporting (10%)
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Creates customized monthly reports that concisely itemize, interpret, and compare expenditures to budget and cash flow.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required, emphasis in accounting highly preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant a plus.
- Minimum7-year accounting experience with supervisory/managerial experience and three years at a Big 4 public accounting firm.
- In-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of US GAAP with special emphasis on Financial Accounting Standards Board ASU 2016-14, Not-for-Profit Entities (Topic 958) - Presentation of Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Entities)
- Experience preparing consolidated financial statements that include consolidation of foreign subsidiaries.
- Experience in non-profit accounting and contract management.
- Experience with government and internationally funded projects.
- Experience in compliance with 2 CFR 200 and 2 CFR 230 sections of USG regulation preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, specifically related to non-profit accounting and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of government contracting procedures, regulations, policies.
- English fluency required. Spanish and/or French a plus.
- Team player willing to dig for information and research accounting guidance that applies to company transactions.
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software–Acumatica preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office products. Experience preparing pivot tables using Excel. o Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A good communicator that can convey audit and month-end close status updates, tasks and potential hold ups that may arise.
- Strong organization skills with an eye for detail, ability to plan, prioritize, and implement day-to-day operations in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical, strategic, analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Mathematical reasoning.
- Ability to work independently; attention to detail.
- Enjoys working with a diverse, international team of people; team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to changing circumstances.
This position is based in the US. Remote (home-based) work location. This is a full time position.
This position will remain open until filled. Please email Siaska Vieira de Castro with (1) a cover letter and (2) a CV in English if you think you fit the criteria.